Monday 22 January 2007

Children of Men

Dark, dirty and depressing - as many of it's predecessors.

"Children of Men" (imdb link) is a near-future sci-fi movie directed by Alfonso CuarĂ³n (not that I generally memorise who's produced a movie, but hey - thank imdb for that).

Neither of the actors did "their best performance", although Michael Caine shone as the hippie we all know he is. ;-) But the scene design! The animations (hardly visible) and the environment!

It gave me the chills. And the core message (what was the core message??), or the part that got to me; the children, the future - our future... got me to a point where I had tears in my eyes. 8-)

Go watch it.



Clive Owen .... Theo Faron

Julianne Moore .... Julian Taylor

Michael Caine .... Jasper Palmer

Chiwetel Ejiofor .... Luke
Claire-Hope Ashitey .... Kee

No comments: